Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Cosmos Reverberates with Glory of the Guru...

The life of my Master, Shri Ramakrishna was an extraordinary searchlight under whose illumination one is able to really understand the whole scope of spirituality. He was the object-lesson of all the theoretical knowledge given in the Shastra (scriptures). He showed by his life what the Rishis and Avataras really wanted to teach. The books were theories, he was the realization. - Swami Vivekananda

Within your heart cry constantly for God. When you have convinced the Lord of your desire for him, He will send someone-your guru-to teach you how to know Him. Only he who knows God can show others how to know Him. -- Yogananda Paramahansa

Even if you have a pretty mien, a beautiful wife, great fame and mountain like money; but, if your mind does not bow at the Guru's feet, What is the use? What is the use? What is the use? --Adi Shankaracharya

If here before me stand both -- my Guru and the Almighty, I would first prostrate my Guru because it is He, who revealed to me, the Lord!! -- Saint Kabir

The Guru is absolutely necessary. The Upanishads say that none but a Guru can take a man out of the jungle of intellect and sense-perceptions. So there must be a Guru.--Ramana Maharshi

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the information. That’s an awesome article you posted. I found the post very useful as well as interesting. I will come back to read some more.

    Anti anxiety herbs

    ReplyDelete